Langtang Gosaikunda trek (Frozen Lake Trek)combines the remote and spectacular valley of Langtang, with the high mountain lakes at Gosainkund. Visit the beautiful Langtang National park and then trek to the end of the valley to view the wonderful mountains views. Following the Trisuli River north out of Kathmandu, we travel through Trisuli Bazaar and Dhunche to Syabrubensi, a Sherpa village located at the very edge of the Langtang National Park. We then swing east into the Langtang valley, crossing the river several times as we travel up along a gorge-like, lower section of the valley. We pass through oak and rhododendron forests and even cross glacial moraine on our way to the Tamang village of Langtang.
A little further up the valley is Kyangin Gompa, where we stop overnight and sample the local yak cheese. We pass through Nubamatang, nestled in a hidden valley, on our way up to view the glaciers, which mark the gateway into Tibet. Backtracking, we travel through Syabru and Sing Gompa to a high plateau, where the sacred lake Gosainkund is located. Crossing the Llaurebena Pass (4610m), we continue south, leaving the Langtang region behind us as we travel through the Helambu valley to Gul Bhanjyang.
Day 1: Drive, Kathmandu / Syabrubesi (8 hours)
Day 2: Syabrubesi / Lama hotel (2480 m.)
Day 3: Lama Hotel / Langtang village (3541 m.)
Day 4: Trek to Kyanjin Gompa (3798 meters) 4 hours.
Day 5: Kyanjin Gompa exploration day.
Day 6: Kyangjin Gompa / Ghora Tabela (2950 m.)
Day 7: Ghora Tabela / Bamboo (2100 m.)
Day 8: Bamboo / Thulo Syabru (2200 m.)
Day 9: Thulo Syabru / Sing Gompa (3580 m.)
Day 10: Sing Gompa / Gosainkunda (4381 m.)
Day 11: Cross over the Lauribina pass (4600 m.) descend to Thare Pati (3600 m.)
Day 12: Thare Pati / Kutumsang
Day 13: Kutumsang / Chisopani
Day 14: Chisopani / Kathmandu
1. Airport pick up and drop by our private car.
2. Meals on full board (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) (Note: A.P Plan) during the trek.
3. Tented accommodation and equipment during the camping trek. (We will provide fully water proof two men tents, dining tents, kitchen gear, dining table, chairs, toilet tents, shower tent etc.)
4. All the necessary ground transportation.
5. An experienced Government licensed holder guide and porter and their food, drinks, insurance, salary, equipments, transportation, local tax etc.
6. All necessary paper works and national park entry permits & TIMS (Trekkers’ Information Management System)
7. All government taxes.
1. Lunch and dinner at Kathmandu.
2. Laundry, telephone calls, Bar Bills ( Mineral Water, cold drinks, whisky, beer etc),
3. Emergency evacuation if required, donation, tips and all personal nature expenses.